PLEASE VISIT OUR BRAND NEW WEBSITE!
Welcome to the Promoting Immigrant Voices in Education (PIVE) Blog! Please check back for updates on our latest news and events. Thanks for your support!
PIVE's mission is to promote the meaningful and active participation of immigrant parents in NYC public schools.
We believe that the involvement of informed and engaged parents can raise educational outcomes in immigrant communities and create change within schools.
By collaborating with schools and community groups, PIVE works to
educate immigrant parents on their rights in schools, to help
them become more familiar with the culture of the U.S.
education system, and to empower them to become the leaders and advocates within the school community.
We also support youth leadership development and higher education as an attainable goal for all immigrant students.
Friday, March 9, 2007
PIVE Awarded Grand Prize in Be A Changemaker Challenge!
· A $10,000 grant to support the Venture
· A $500 Staples Gift Card to purchase materials for the Venture
· A special consulting opportunity with leading entrepreneurs and experts from Youth Venture
· Enrollment in the New Venture Program at the Berkley Center for Entrepreneurial Studies
· Participation in the Stern Incubator's 2007-2008 Brown Bag speaker series
· Participation in the Stern Incubator's Entrepreneurial Boot Camp
This is an amazing opportunity, and a great honor to have received it so early on! This will give us a major push in really getting PIVE off the ground. The additional funding will allow us to greatly expand our programming (details to follow!).
Once again, thank you so much for you support!