PLEASE VISIT OUR BRAND NEW WEBSITE!
Welcome to the Promoting Immigrant Voices in Education (PIVE) Blog! Please check back for updates on our latest news and events. Thanks for your support!
PIVE's mission is to promote the meaningful and active participation of immigrant parents in NYC public schools.
We believe that the involvement of informed and engaged parents can raise educational outcomes in immigrant communities and create change within schools.
By collaborating with schools and community groups, PIVE works to
educate immigrant parents on their rights in schools, to help
them become more familiar with the culture of the U.S.
education system, and to empower them to become the leaders and advocates within the school community.
We also support youth leadership development and higher education as an attainable goal for all immigrant students.
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
· A $10,000 grant to support the Venture
· A $500 Staples Gift Card to purchase materials for the Venture
· A special consulting opportunity with leading entrepreneurs and experts from Youth Venture
· Enrollment in the New Venture Program at the Berkley Center for Entrepreneurial Studies
· Participation in the Stern Incubator's 2007-2008 Brown Bag speaker series
· Participation in the Stern Incubator's Entrepreneurial Boot Camp
We're very excited about the prospects of winning this competition. The additional funding will allow us to greatly expand our program!
We're currently gearing up to start our work in a Jackson Heights, NY school. We are in the process of contacting an official at the NYC DOE Translation and Interpretation Unit to help us identify a school in need of our services! We will post updates as things develop.
Thanks for your support!